There are few changes in life bigger than the transition from a “Working Person” to a “Working Parent.” Research and experience shows that many women do not return, or resign shortly after maternity leave due to transition issues. This has financial and career implications for women, productivity and cost impacts on organisations.
By supporting individuals and managers we aim to help businesses retain and develop their female talent by fostering the development of a productive and positive workplace culture. This benefits both the employee and the employer during all phases of parental leave transition, be it maternity leave or paternity leave. A positive social impact across the wider communities in which we live community is also experienced as people feel more valued and workplace equality improves.
For Individual Employees
Our parental leave coaching offers independent confidential support, helping individuals successful navigate the parental leave transition. We assist women to manage their leave by helping them develop and action plan and strategies for important aspects of their journey. The aim of the maternity coaching program is to make the transitions stress-free and successful for everyone involved. The coaching and workshops cover topics such as:
- Development of an action plan for the transition
- Strategies to help offload and manage your workload in the lead up to maternity leave
- Awareness of how motherhood may impact on identity and working life
- Strategies to help create a balance between work and home life
- Managing the expectations of those around you, both work and family
- Support as you start the return to work and a renewed focus on career development
The individual coaching sessions are provided by qualified psychologists and include a number of assessments to assist during the program. Our programs can include coaching for your manager as well. Contact the Transitioning Well team today to find out how we can help.
For Managers & Organisations
Maternity and Paternity leave initiatives, policies, and support need to be championed by the leadership teams within organisations. Our manager coaching programs assist leaders in the business navigate the parental leave process. The manager will be equipped with an understanding of the emotional and practical challenges that arise in combining new parenthood with the return to work. As well as the impact this can have on the employee, the team and the business as a whole. Our programs help managers to:
- ‘Stay in control’ and provides ways of managing through the changes the employee is experiencing
- Reduce stress and helps them understand the transition, supporting wellbeing, work-life balance and personal development
- Provide best practice support to the employee meaning that employees are likely to feel valued
- To understand and evaluate how maternity leave currently works in the organisationRetain and continue the career progression for talented employees
The program aims to bring both managers and employees together to find solutions and plan for the best possible transition period for both the organisation and the mother. To learn more about how our services can benefit your company, please contact us.
How We Can Assist
Support Options for Employees and Employers