Most people spend their lives working towards retirement, we look forward to it. In fact, most of us are so focused on working towards it that we forget to plan for it. The change to retirement is often a daunting experience. Contemplating and planning for life after work can make the retirement transition more enjoyable.
Preparation for retirement is much more than just about financial planning. It’s about preparing psychologically for one of the biggest transitions most of us will have in our lives. Let us help you prepare for a fulfilling life when you no longer have to get up and go to work each day.
For Individual Employees
Work is much more than just a source of money. It gives us a sense of purpose, provides us with a social life and a community all of its own. Alienation, loneliness and a feeling of being left behind are not uncommon. Our retirement coaching programs will give you strategies to deal with moving into retirement and preparing for a new lifestyle. Transitioning Well retirement workshops will help individuals to:
- Become aware of potential options as the move into retirement
- Review current career-life requirements
- Consider what they want during the next phase of their life
- Build a vision for their future and key goals
- Develop a retirement action plan to achieve goals
Talk to one of our experienced retirement coaches to find out more our one on one coaching or group workshops today.
For Managers & Organisations
Retiring employees can impact on the structure, social makeup and indeed the culture of a team or organisation. Productivity and efficiency can be lost as intellectual property and years of knowledge exits the business. Relationship across internal teams and with key clients will be impacted. The retirement coaching offered by Transitioning Well can help managers plan for and navigate through these potentially complex changes. Our retirement workshops will assist a manager:
- Consider the impact of retiring employees on their business
- Protect against loss of knowledge and intellectual property
- Think about the impact on the remaining team members and culture
- Contemplate retirement planning from a strategic viewpoint
- Consider the unique needs, goals and priorities with an ageing workforce
An organisation or manager preparing for and understanding the retirement transition is just as important as for an individual. Our intensive retirement workshops or one on one retirement coaching for managers will help prepare for the challenges it brings.
How We Can Assist
Support Options for Employees and Employers