Having a valued employee take parental leave presents many challenges and opportunities for the individual and for the business. This 3.5 hour workshop will assist executives (e.g., WH&S, HR, Talent and Diversity, Return to Work Specialists) to best support employees during the parental leave transition while navigating the complex legal rights and obligations surrounding Parental Leave and return to work.
Introducing Work Family Support practices has the potential to be an important competitive advantage.
- Australian School of Business
Structured around the three phases of leave – preparing for leave, during leave and returning from leave – this interactive workshop provides a unique learning experience from both a legal and best practice perspective.
Available Nationwide and delivered by a Transitioning Well psychologist and workplace relations lawyer from HR Legal, this workshop will:
- Understand the significance of the transition and the challenges and opportunities it presents in the workplace
- Build knowledge around the business case for Parental Leave Transition workplace support and potential derailing factors
- Explore best practice parental leave transition support in line with the 10-A Parental Leave Framework TM
- Understand organisation’s minimum legal obligations, including responding to requests for flexible working arrangements
- Manage legal risks, including breaches of National Employment Standards, discrimination, adverse action and constructive dismissal
- Discuss the practical implications of the transition through customised case studies and the development of an ‘Organisational Transition Action Plan’ (O-TAP)
- Identify a range of resource pathways to best support the transition.